Ayurveda is traditional healing of the Vedic culture from India. It is 2000 to 5000 years old. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word that translates as “the wisdom of life” or “the knowledge of longevity”. Ayurvedic medicine views health as much more than the absence of disease. According to Ayurvedic theory, everything in the universe – living or not – is connected. Good health is achieved when your mind, your body, and your spirit are in harmony with the universe. Disruption of this harmony can lead to poor health and sickness.
In the West, Ayurveda is recognized as a Complementary and Alternative Health System by the National Institutes of Health, and has been integrated in general wellness applications and as well in some cases in medical use.
Here is a collection of helpful routines you can apply every day for a healthier body, mind and spirit:
1. Do not take a nap during the day
2. Clean your inside
- Hot and boiled (for 5 min) water (up to 1 liter) is a very old ayurvedic cleanser, that removes all the contaminants which were produced during the day.
- Drink the first glass immediately after waking up on an empty stomach and the rest should be put in a isolating bottle to spread over the day
3. 1/3 of the stomach has to stay empty
- this tip is not only good for your figure but also enhances your concentration
- How to know how much you need to eat in order to fill 2/3 of your stomach?
- anything that could fit in both of your hand
4. Eat at the right times
- Your digestive system is in the morning as well as in the evening slower than during the day and can only handle light meals
- Make lunch your main meal
- Do not eat at night and do only eat light meals in the morning
5. Drink only warm and little water to your meal
6. Use energetizing ingredients
7. Eat 3 times a day at the same time
8. Chew properly, at least 20 times per bite
9. Wake up before sun rise
- It is good to wake up before the sun rises,
- that bring peace of mind and freshness to the senses
10. Tongue routine
- Gently scrape the tongue from the back forward (for 7-14 strokes).
- This is known to stimulate the internal organs, helps digestion, and removes dead bacteria. Use a gold scraper, silver, copper, and stainless steel.