Today I decided to cook vegan food for two.
After some time of searching for the right thing to make I chose to make colourful falafel (baked in the oven).
I wanted to combine falafel with a buddha bowl with a tahini dressing because every food is better when it’s in a bowl. Also because every food is better when it’s infused with pumpkin and beetroot. That is why those two ingredients were my base.
- 1/2 butternut squash (steamed and then roasted )
- 1/2 medium onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- a small piece of ginger
- a bit tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, soaked for 24 hours beforehand
- Rolled oats until the cosistance is perfect
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 beets (pre-boiled)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Salt, to taste
Prepare the falafels by making small balls. Put them in the fridge for about 30 min to 1 hour. And bake in the preheat oven.
For the Bowls (2)
- 6 cups kale
- Sweet potatoe steamed and then baked in the oven
- Black beans
- Baked cauliflower in the oven
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup/ rice syrup
Marinate the kale half en hour before serving in the salad. Use half of the dressing for marinating and the other half als dressing on top of all ingredients.